The current lockdown to curb the spread of COVID-19 in Namibia has been extended and enforced nationwide.
Speaking in a televised address on April 14, 2020, Namibia’s President, Hage Geingob said the lockdown has been extended to midnight on May 4, 2020.
“The pandemic we face today is unprecedented, but I am confident that by working collaboratively, we will respond effectively to minimize the spread of the virus and restart our economic activities,” he said.
The restrictions on movements, which previously applied to the Khomas region, including Windhoek, the Erongo region, including Swakopmund and Walvis Bay as well as the towns of Okahandja and Rehoboth, will now be enforced countrywide.
Namibia went into partial lockdown from midnight March 27, 2020 and the lockdown was supposed to stretch to midnight April 16, 2020.
As of April 15, Namibia had 16 confirmed COVID-19.